[ Project Coordinator ]
[ GIS Technician Intern ]
Be Ambitious. Be Creative. Be Rewarded.
Welcome to a different kind of company! Since 2010, CE Strategies has partnered with First Nation and Métis communities, along with their supporting organizations, to provide essential tools and services that promote informed decision-making.
We are looking for a driven self-starter who is searching for an exciting, long-term opportunity to grow with our company. Join us for this internship opportunity where you can unleash your potential and be proud of what you do.
what we're looking for
So, what does it take to succeed in this role? We’re looking for an ambitious individual who can combine self-motivation with impressive organizational skills. You will also require the following:
- An accredited post-secondary education degree or diploma in GIS (or relevant field)
- Proficient in ArcGIS with key understanding of GIS principles
- A strong work ethic and enthusiasm for challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can support successful projects and build strong client relations
- Initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to complete tasks within defined timelines
- Key personal management skills, including accountability, adaptability, problem solving, and a high stress tolerance
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Valid G Class driver’s license
- RPAS license for advanced operations would be an asset
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident eligible for a permanent work position
what we're looking for
stuff we'll trust you with
You will be given a wide variety of tasks that will keep you on your toes and maximize your abilities. While this is your “role” we do not want to box you into a position. There will be plenty of opportunities to carve out a niche where you can play an important part in our company’s success.
- Implement custom GIS solutions in collaboration with our clients
- Lead, deliver, and create customized training courses
- Efficiently organize, manage, digitize, and upload GIS files
- Collect and compile datasets using GPS units in the field and across northwestern Ontario
- Accurately process aerial imagery and spatial datasets to create comprehensive deliverables
- Effectively execute internal company processes on a daily basis
- Devise creative and effective procedures to enhance efficiency for the company as a whole
Here's how we will support you
This is more than your average entry-level role. You can set the bar for your own success and explore an opportunity that could change the direction of your career. We can offer you a fast-paced, enjoyable work environment and some serious potential to grow within the company. Our competitive compensation, paired with unique opportunities to travel around Northwestern Ontario make this job an experience rich with exciting challenges and rewards.
we even do benefits differently
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. You will find peace of mind with our comprehensive health benefits package.
IT'S ALL ABOUT DEVELOPMENT
We’ve ditched old school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training and development for better career skills.
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
February 28th, 2022
4 pm EST
Thunder Bay, ON
Yes Travel Required
1 Position(s) Remaining